Job Type: Non-Profit
Job Position: Part Time-Executive Director
Description: The Executive Director is the key management leader of The Arc of Kitsap & Jefferson Counties. The Arc is a leader in advocating for and serving the needs of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities throughout the county and as a leader in the state. The Executive Director will lead the organization as it defines its long term strategic and operational goals and plans. S/he will work with the Board and staff as a leader, mentor and resource to accomplish these goals. The position reports directly to the Board of Trustees.
• Bachelor’s Degree required with graduate level work in related fields preferred.
• Proven track record (5 years + combined senior level or executive experience) of leading or being a senior level executive in a small to mid size not for profit organization ($1 million annual budget or greater).
• Areas of strength include both highly sophisticated financial management skills and program development and management experience.
• Experience working with the finance and senior director teams to develop budget and operate within those financial expectations.
• Ability to apply financial considerations to longer term strategic planning.
• Ability to establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements and partnerships with government agencies, other service agencies, contractors, and community groups required.
• Experience and/or expertise in operations management and human resource management are also preferred.
• Experience working with Boards of not for profit organizations and able to develop a strong relationship with the Board of Trustees.
• A track record of successfully raising private sector funds in support of an agency’s mission, including program and general operating funding. An understanding of specific funding sources available for support of disability advocacy and services is preferred.
• Experience in representing organizations and their clients in the public eye. Excellent written communication and public speaking skills.
• Must work flexible hours and days including evenings and weekends as required. Must have a valid driver’s license and pass a back ground check.
Benefits include: paid personal leave, paid holidays and flexible spending account.
Salary is negotiable, dependent on qualifications.
Position open until filled, but initial deadline for application submission and full consideration is Dec. 30, 2015.
For additional information, please visit our website at www.arckj.org. Staff support for this search is provided by Emily Meeks, Interim Executive Director.